Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Tribute to My Angel

 

My light went out on 27th January 2019 when you, my beloved wife, passed away after a four month struggle with a debilitating illness. It was a terrible shock because we all believed you were making favourable progress towards recovery. You resisted this fate; you fought it with every essence of your being; we could see that you wanted to live. From both far and near, friends rallied round family, providing support, absolutely committed to your recovery at all cost. But God in His infinite wisdom had other plans. He took you to a heavenly home to be with angels just like you.

My dear wife, Omalicha Beejay, you were not only a wonderful wife and mother but you were a meticulous homemaker, with an amazing capacity for multitasking. Combining your very busy schedules at work with keeping us happy at home could only be achieved by specialized abilities, possessed by someone with a definite natural advantage. Your job demanded a lot from you and you handled every challenge with the same positive mind, always cheerful and completely trusting God.

I am left with a combined feeling of humility and submission to Divine authority. I know many men have a wonderful wife but no one has ever had a better one than I. You were my love, faithful, efficient, loyal and true. You inspired me in ways I cannot explain. I have lost a worthy helpmate in you but I have nothing but happy memories of our nearly fourteen years of life together. Your interest in helping the needy is exemplary. I will do my very best to ensure your legacy lives on.

I sorrow now for you, my love. You will be deeply missed.

Rest in perfect peace in the bosom of the Lord, till we meet to part no more.

BJ Chiawa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stars live in the sky, little wonder you gone to be with your like(s). Continue to rest in peace nwanyi oma, omalicha Bejay.